Gravwell is an enterprise data fusion platform that enables security teams to investigate, collaborate, and analyze data from any source, on demand, all with unlimited data collection and retention. Ingest everything. Investigate anything.
As applications generate more data, as we adopt more IoT, and as more things move to cloud, log volumes explode. Traditional log management solutions have trouble keeping up and cause major budgeting issues with outdated pricing models. We're seeing more and more organizations outgrowing legacy log centralization products. When the difficult choices of which data to keep and which to throw away are being made, valuable information is lost. Events are crucial for gauging health of services, troubleshooting issues, and hunting cybersecurity threats. When the data isn't available, the business (and its customers) suffer.
There is a new generation of tech being created to address these data challenges, which means hope for those experiencing these issues. Gravwell is one such company, built by cybersecurity and supercomputing engineers specifically to address the problems that we were personally experiencing. Dynamic, complex IT environments require a multi-cloud and on-prem capability that enables organizations to collect all relevant data for observability and event querying.
Gravwell addresses the data needs of today in two crucial ways:
- Our pricing plan is designed to put the control back in the hands of the organizations. All Gravwell licenses include unlimited data which frees organizations to control their own destiny, or in Gravwell space parlance, to "own their orbit". This creates a clear total cost of ownership and practitioners are free to ingest anything and not worry about data spikes affecting their ability to ingest more data in the future.
- Gravwell was built by people with rich experience in large-scale emulytics and data processing. In other words, our engineers truly understand what it takes to scale past 100TB of ingestion per day. To hit these extreme capabilities, we built our data lake from scratch.
Moving from one infrastructure platform is a big change, even if it's a good one. There is a reason the term "forklift change" was coined. While we do have customers who initiate rip-and-replace engagements, that's not the most common option to move from Splunk or another platform to Gravwell. Instead, customers typically start by utilizing Gravwell within their existing infrastructure to collect data that's currently missing or very expensive to do in their current platform. This is a low-risk way to expand observability and reduce costs. Then, as Gravwell demonstrates value and is integrated into workflows, more data ingestion is moved into Gravwell.
One of the things we do best at Gravwell is meeting customers where they are. There's no "magic checklist" that works for every organization. Event collection is a process, not a product. Our onboarding program is designed to help organizations start with out-of-the-box goodness and progress into the unique requirements that make you, you.
With no limits, you can:
- Interrogate your data. Answer questions today that you didn't know you would ever need to ask yesterday.
- When ALL your data is available for data fusion, unrealized business insights pop out
- Near-zero maintenance that comes from a full-stack unified architecture
We encourage you to reach out and talk to the legendary Gravwell engineering staff. A live demo isn't just a canned piece of content that a rep walks you through -- It is a consultation conversation where you can see how Gravwell can work for you in moving to a modern event collection platform.
Topics: Gravwell Story, IoT, HOWTO
Written by Corey Thuen
Co-Founder of Gravwell